CONTESTThe Student World Biennial, in the organisation of the Academy of Arts, University of Novi Sad, was first held in 2004. In the same year the First Biennial of Student Poster was organised, and ever since the Biennial of Poster has been held in odd years , and the Biennial of Photography in even years.
The World Biennial of Student Photography is open to all undergraduate students of academies and colleges where the discipline of photography is part of the curriculum.
- All photographs must represent the studentís original work created within last two (2) academic years and should be verified by the professorsí signature at the back.
- Format: no longer than 35cm the shorter side if submitted in electronic form, 300 dpi RGB, TIFF or JPG, or no larger than 1m2 if submitted by post.
- Number of works: each student can send maximum three (3) works.
- Technique: There are no limitations on techniques or realization of the photographs.
- There is no entry fee.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE, CAREFULLY READ ENTRY GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING WORKS.There are two options for submitting your works:
A. BY POST
- The entrants bear all postal expenses.
- All works should be posted to the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad (address is at the application form).
- All works should be original photos no larger than 1m≤
- Work should NOT be mounted in any surface, nor equipped.
- On the back of the photography, in the left bottom corner, there should be a sticker clearly stating the entrantís data written in block letters both in mother tongue and English.
- Furthermore, the filled application form and the reproductions in digital format (for the purpose of printing the Biennial catalogue) must be sent to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The name of the photography file sent by e-mail must be the same as the title of the photography sent by post and they must contain the name and surname of the student.
B. BY E-MAIL
- All works and filled application form should be sent to the following email addresses: email@example.com. The works sent by email must meet these condition:
- file format: non-layered TIFF or JPEG
- resolution: no longer than 35 cm the shorter side in 300 dpi
- color: sRGB
- the file size MUST NOT exceed 10 MB
- The name of the photography file sent by e-mail must contain the name and surname of the student. For example if studentís name is Johann Strauss the file name should be Johann Strauss 1.tiff, Johann Strauss 2.tiff, Johann Strauss 3.tiff.
The entry deadline is 1st November 2015.All entries must be received by 1st November 2015. There will be no extensions.
All submitted works will become a part of the special Biennial collection at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad and can be used in didactic and promotional purposes by both the Biennial and the Academy.
The information on the entry form will be used in the exhibitionís catalogue and other Biennial publications.
By applying to the contest, the entrants accept the terms of the Biennial exhibition organizer.
The Selection Board is entitled to reject (not to exhibit) those works that are not in agreement with the undisputed world standards on human rights to identity, nation, religion, language and the like.
The organizers of the Biennial cannot transfer rights to a third party for using and reproduction of works from the Biennial.
Preliminary and final results of the competition will be announced on website of the Academy.
JURYThe photographs will be judged by an international JURY.
The decision of the Jury will be final and the winners will be announced at the opening ceremony of the Biennial in Novi Sad (November / December 2015).
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1st prize:Crystal medal, Ä 1500, crystal medal for the tutor (professor).
2nd prize:Crystal medal, Ä 800, crystal medal for the tutor (professor).
3rd prize:Crystal medal, Ä 400, crystal medal for the tutor (professor).
And Three equal prizes
The Biennial opening and awards ceremony will be held in Novi Sad in November / December, and the exact date will be duly announced on the Biennial website.
Djure Jaksica 7
21000 Novi Sad