The World Biennial of Student Photography, organized by the University of Novi Sad and the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad, is open to all undergraduate and graduate students of academies and colleges where the discipline of photography is a part of the curriculum.
All photographs must represent the student’s work performed within last two school years and verified by the professor’s signature at the back.
Minimum size: 30 x 40 cm
Maximum size: 1m²
NUMBER OF ENTRIES:
Each student can participate with three (3) works
There is no limitation concerning techniques or realization of the photographs. However, photographs should not be equipped.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE, CAREFULLY READ ENTRY GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING WORKS.
There are two options for submitting your works:
A. BY POST
- The entrants bear all postal expenses.
- All works should be posted to the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad (address is at the application form).
- All works should be original photos from 30 x 40 cm up to 1m²
- Work should NOT be mounted in any surface, nor equipped.
- On the back of the photography, in the left bottom corner, there should be a sticker clearly stating the entrant’s data written in block letters both in mother tongue and English.
- Furthermore, the filled application form and the reproductions in digital format (for the purpose of printing the Biennial catalogue) must be sent to the following email addresses:
- the name of each file must be the same as the title of the photography sent by post.
B. BY E-MAIL
- All works and filled application form should be sent to the following email addresses:
The works sent by email must meet these condition:
- file format: non-layered TIFF or JPEG
- resolution: 20 x 30 cm in 300dpi (2300 x 3500 px)
- color: CMYK - 8 Bits/channel
- the file size MUST NOT exceed 10 MB
10th November 2011.
All entries posted by mail must be postmarked on or before 10th November 2011.
- All received works will become a part of a special Biennial’s collection at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad and can be used in didactic purposes. They will be presented at the Biennial’s web site.
By filling in the application form, the entrants accept the terms of the organizer of the Biennial exhibition.
- The Selection Board is entitled to reject those works that are not in agreement with the undisputed world standards on human rights to identity, nation, religion, language and the like.
The organizers of the Biennial have no authorities to transfer any rights to third party in the sense of using and reproduction of works from the Biennial.
The entrants accept that their work can be used in non-commercial purposes as well as in the promotion of the Biennial.
Copying and further distribution of the application form is allowed.
There is no entry fee.
- Preliminary and final results will be announced on the Biennial’s web site.
The photographs will be judged by an international jury.
The judges’ decision is final and the winners will be announced at the opening ceremony of the Biennial in Novi Sad in November / December 2011.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
The prizes and awards consist of: monetary prizes, crystal plaque and certificates.
The 1st prize winner gets the right to organize a solo exhibition at the next Biennial in 2013.
In addition to the main prizes awarded by the organizer, some special prizes will be given some companies and individuals.
1st prize ……. The medal and €1500
2nd prize …….The medal and €800
3rd prize ……. The medal and €400
1st ……. The crystal plaque and €200
2nd ……. The crystal plaque and €200
3rd ……. The crystal plaque and €200
The deadline for sending the application and reproductions of the works by e-mail is 10th November 2011. The works sent by post should be posted by 10th November 2011. The opening ceremony of the Biennial will be held in November / December 2011. The exact date will be announced at the Biennial web site.